- 8th February, Thursday
- 9:00am to 5:00pm
2018 Intake: 8-9 Feb I 18-19 Apr I 7-8 Jun I 1-2 Aug I 4-5 Oct I 12-13 Dec
1. Introduction to production planning and control
- Purpose of production planning, order sequencing, production scheduling and production control
- Manufacturing operation process - production philosophy
- Advantages of production control
- Sources of production control
- Characteristics of modern manufacturing management - MRP II process
2. Frame work of production planning and control
- Problems faced by production managers in diverse manufacturing units
- Resolving the issues
- Strategies for production planning and control
3. Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Forecasting and demand management
- Master production scheduling (MPS) activity
- Symptoms of MPS
- Aggregate planning
- Work exercises
4. Capacity Requirement Planning
- Capacity management and planning
- Types of capacity planning
- Factors affecting facility and capacity planning
5. Materials Requirement Planning (MRP II)
- MRPII overview
- Independent and dependent demands
- Materials planning process
6. Inventory Control (IC)
- Inventory planning involving management and control
- Finished good inventories control
- Calculations on lot order sizing
7. Production Scheduling and Technique
- Scheduling objectives
- Job scheduling –Forward/Back scheduling
- Input/Output control
- Dispatching rules –FIFS, ODD, SPT. etc
- Critical ratio rule
8. Theory of constraint (TOC) principles
- What is TOC?
- Bottleneck and non bottleneck resources
- Generic TOC principles
- Drum-buffer-rope (DBR) scheduling
9. Just-In-Time Manufacturing
- Principles of JIT
- Identify the causes of JIT wastes
- JIT manufacturing key activities and its features
- JIT implementation and its draw back.
- Continuous improvement
- The primary causes of inventories
- Schedule released and planned areas
2 days (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Members: $599.20*
*Prices are inclusive of 7% GST
Telephone: 6826 3100
Fax: 6826 3113
Terms & Conditions
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and sat for all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Programme is tentative and is subject to change at the sole discretion of Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
Should you require further information or assistance, kindly contact at